Socially Inappropriate? Hack The Brick!

Para os mais especializados em mecânica e electrónica em LEGO.
Responder
AVCampos
Sócio
Sócio
Registado: 27 fev 2007, 19:26
Contacto:

Socially Inappropriate? Hack The Brick!

Mensagem por AVCampos »

A Patricia Tsoiasue, da Long Beach LEGO User Group, lança este desafio... os puristas por aí poderão querer parar de ler. ;)

BACKGROUND

You may know that I am hosting a regional qualifier of the World Robot Olympiad in So Cal.

It's hosted by the Robotics Society of Southern California, which is a personal score on my part.... Very proud of getting the buy in from the group.  The event will be held at Cal-State Long Beach, if you're in the area on August 11th.

I've got a fellow from China who is working to get students to bring over for a multi-national competition (mixed nationalities on same team)  The objective is not necessarily high points, but Multi-National engagement.

It's a big project that makes me have to reach out to create lots of teams for a bigger, more positive show of teams.

The WRO is a newer competition here in the US, but is participated in by over 60 countries., 2-3 kids on a team.  Either the Open competition (inventing) or the Regular competition (prescribed challenge to be solved with a robot).

I have hosted it for 3 years, this is the 4th year.

I have spent the past several years boosting my creative thinking and problem solving abilities and embracing 'out of the box' mindsets.  It may have started with my LEGO Serious Play training.  You never know with these things.

THE SOCIALLY INAPPROPRIATE REQUEST

The Open competition is very interesting to me.  I invite you to visit this page, read the Robot rules (I think it's item 2 in this document. https://www.wro-usa.org/open-category)

I LOVE IT!

It's permission to hack the interface between the NXT and EV3 bricks and anything else.

Permission to break the rules.

MY ASK OF YOU

So, I am seeking all the videos that hack the brick interfaces, either input or output.

I am hoping to find ways to cross pollinate these videos.

I would like, if you are open to it, if you could please add something like this to the video:

1/ The WRO logo.

2/ something that reads like this...

The Robotics Society of Southern California  is working on the WRO USA SoCal Qualifier and is reaching out to find videos that hack the brick's interface for the open competition.  Here's my response to this request.

Here is my first video.

https://youtu.be/5nr0tSbO7Gw

Este parece um trabalho para um certo PLUGuense fã de Linux e cervejas... ;D
CyberX
Sócio
Sócio
Registado: 10 mar 2014, 20:09
Contacto:

Re: Socially Inappropriate? Hack The Brick!

Mensagem por CyberX »

Chegaste tarde... ela já tinha manifestado coisa semelhante no Facebook do EV3, com introdução do Baz, apresentei-lhe o video do Qi Charger e o do EV3 a controlar o heli IR, ela gostou do Qi e pediu-me autorização para usar.
Jorge Pereira
«De génio, criança e louco... porquê só 1 pouco?»
Responder