For the non-Portuguese speakers / Para os que não falam português
Responder
DavidAzevedo
Registado: 19 jun 2006, 22:52
Contacto:

PLUGfest July 5th/6th 2008 - Marco de Canaveses

Mensagem por DavidAzevedo »

Hello!

My name is David Azevedo and I am a member of PLUG, the Portuguese LEGO User Group. You can check our website at www.plug.pt. At the moment we are around 60 members.

I am going to organize a PLUGfest on the 5th and 6th of July 2008 in the north of Portugal, in a city called Marco de Canaveses about 50 km from Porto. You can download this Google Earth file to see where it is approximately on the map.

The meeting will take place in a small countryside hotel called Quinta dos Agros of which I am the proud owner (the website is www.quintadosagros.pt).

This PLUGfest is a great opportunity to invite all LUG members across Europe to join us. This will not be a big a public LEGO exhibition but rather a casual and relaxed weekend, in which we will try to get to know each other better, build some things, have a small MOC contest and a place for people to trade their spare parts or sets with other members.

On Saturday night we will be making our own barbecue (“churrasco” as we say in Portuguese) in the esplanade next to the swimming pool and on Sunday we will go for a small cruise in the Douro River and we’ll be having a picnic on a desert island.

Since I own the hotel where the meeting will take place, lodging will be free of charge and the cost of meals (food and drinks) will be divided among participants. The hotel will be closed at the time so we will be the only guests.

Porto (or Oporto in English) is the second biggest city in Portugal and there are some low cost airlines flying to and from there: Ryanair, Easyjet, Air Berlin, Transavia, Vueling, etc… If you are thinking about joining us in this event book your flight as soon as possible to get the lowest fare.

I would like to invite all AFOLS or LEGO enthusiasts and specially LUG members to join us in this event. There are a limited number of rooms and bungalows so please let us as soon as possible.

In case you have any questions you can reach me at the following:
Email: david@quintadosagros.pt
MSN: davidmazevedo@gmail.com
Mobile phone: (+351) 96 30 70 700
Mobile phone: (+351) 91 641 97 22

I really hope to meet you there!

Kind regards,
David Azevedo

Member nº 27 of PLUG – Portuguese LEGO User Group
AVCampos
Sócio
Sócio
Registado: 27 fev 2007, 19:26
Contacto:

Re: PLUGfest July 5th/6th 2008 - Marco de Canaveses

Mensagem por AVCampos »

I think this info should be on the main page, since not everybody (internationally speaking) is immediately aware of this forum section and thread. It's important to make this invitation as far-reaching as possible!
Responder